ProstAtak® is a new prostate cancer treatment trial for localized prostate cancer using gene therapy. This new cancer treatment trial is now available at our facilities and we are one of only two medical centers in the Houston area that offer this treatment trial.
If you have been diagnosed with localized prostate cancer and are choosing Active Surveillance or Radiation Therapy, you might be eligible to participate in one of two clinical trials of an immunotherapy approach called ProstAtak®. ProstAtak kills tumor cells and stimulates a cancer vaccine effect.
The two studies are:
1. Phase 3 Study of ProstAtak® Immunotherapy with Standard Radiation Therapy for Localized Prostate Cancer (PrTK03). This study is for patients that have not had surgery or radiation for prostate cancer and:
- have intermediate-risk disease (any or all of the following: PSA 10-20 ng/ml, Gleason score =7, T2b-T2c) or a single high risk feature (PSA>20 ng/ml, Gleason score 8-10, or T3a)
- and are planning to receive standard external beam radiation therapy
2. Randomized Controlled Trial of ProstAtak® Immunotherapy During Active Surveillance for Prostate Cancer (ULYSSES). This study is for patients that have not had any prostate cancer treatment and:
- are planning at this time to be monitored on Active Surveillance rather than choosing radical treatment.
Interested patients can schedule a consultation with Dr. Steven Sukin at 281-351-5174.